How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
Notes about Pricing:
Buy any five different Pocket Statutes or Pocket Companions titles and get an expandable slipcase worth R65.00 FREE! Promotion valid while stocks last.
About this Publication:
Understanding Sectoral Determination 6: Private Security forms part of the Juta’s Pocket Companions series. This book presents a non-legalistic commentary on the specific minimum conditions of employment applicable to persons employed in South Africa as security officers, including wage tables. The key provisions of the sectoral determination are explained in a systematic manner, with key point summaries at the end of each section. Understanding Sectoral Determination 6: Private Security also contains the text of the legislation. Section 29 of the sectoral determination states that every employer who employs or provides work to private security officers must keep a copy of the sectoral determination available in the workplace at all times.
- Section 1: Areas and scope of application
- Section2: Definitions of key terms and words
- Section 3: Remuneration
- Section 4: Payment of remuneration
- Section 5: Ordinary hours of work, overtime and payment of overtime
- Section 6: Annual bonus
- Section 7: Public holidays
- Section 8: Compensation for work on a Sunday
- Section 9: Leave and other benefits
- Section 10: Written particulars of employment and record keeping
- Section 11: Miscellaneous general provisions
- Section 12: Termination of contract of employment
- Section 13: Private Security Sector Provident Fund
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Private security employers
- Customers of private security services
- Human Resource/Employee Relations practitioners
- Employee representatives
- Private Security Regulatory Authority (PSIRA)
- CCMA commissioners
- Trade unions representing security guards
- Security officers
- The only book currently available to explain SD 6, the sectoral determination issued under the BCEA, governing the conditions of employment of security guards.
- Presents a non-legalistic commentary on the specific minimum conditions of employment applicable to persons employed in South Africa as security officers.
- The key provisions of Sectoral Determination 6 are covered in a systematic manner, with Key Point summaries at the end of each section.
- Includes the full text of SD 6.