How to use this catalogue to search for publications:
This catalogue features Juta Print Publications and Jutastat e-Publications. Print Publications are available as hardcover and softcover books, loose-leafs and posters. Jutastat e-Publications are available on CD/DVD-ROM and Online.
Publications are listed alphabetically within their category, according to title. Please make use of the various search options available when searching for a publication.
Catalogue - Advanced Search
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9780702181856
- Edition 10th Edition
- PageCount 512
- Published 2009
Notes about Pricing:
*No further discounts will apply.
About this Publication:
First published in 1996, Workplace Law has become one of the most widely used and frequently quoted text books on South African labour law. This 10th edition has been extensively revised and supplemented to incorporate the latest case law. It deals with almost every issue likely to arise on the shop floor, in court, or in arbitration proceedings — from unfair labour practices, through employment equity, dismissal and collective bargaining, to strikes.
- Origins and sources
- The parties to the employment relationship
- The individual contract of employment
- The duties of employers and employees
- Basic conditions of employment
- Unfair labour practices
- Unfair discrimination
- Affirmative action
- Workplace discipline
- Dismissal under the LRA
- Automatically unfair dismissals
- Dismissal for misconduct: fair reason
- Dismissal for misconduct: fair procedure
- Dismissal for poor work performance or incapacity
- Dismissal for operational requirements
- Closures, mergers and sales of businesses
- Collective labour law: an introduction
- Bargaining agents
- Bargaining forums
- The bargaining process
- Collective agreements
- Strikes and 'protest action'
- Dismissal of unprotected strikers
- Dispute resolution
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Law students
- Legal practitioners
- HR and IR practitioners and consultants
- Employers and employees
- Trade union officials
- Extensively supplemented and revised to incorporate the latest case law on the amended Labour Relations Act, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- A comprehensive and practical guide to understanding and applying this complex area of the law