Mineral Law Principles and Policies in Perspective
- Format Soft Cover
- ISBN 9780702185908
- Pages 210
- Edition 1st Edition
- Published 2012
Pricing & Order Enquiries
Notes about Pricing:
*No further discounts will apply.
Mineral Law: Principles and Policies in Perspective provides a unique look at the context of current mineral law. It examines the system introduced by the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Act 28 of 2002 by juxtaposing it with preceding generations of mineral law. It deals with the regulatory and proprietary aspects of mineral law, the constitutionality of the transitional provisions introducing the new mineral law order, its continuity with former generations of mineral law.
This book meets the need of scholars and practitioners for an accessible text that provides a broader view of the origins, roles and functions of current legislation on mineral resources.
- Foundations of Mineral Law
- Piecemeal Regulation in the Colonial and Union Eras (ca 1860 to 1964)
- Regulation of Mineral Resources from 1964 to 1991: ‘Conferral’
- The ‘Custodianship’ Model (Regulation in Mineral Law since 2004)
- Implications of the Systemic Change in Mineral Law
- Lessons from the Past for the Present
- Figures Outlining the Key Mineral Events in South Africa
- Maps Showing Mineral Deposit Areas in South Africa both Past and Present
Of Interest and Benefit to:
- Legal practitioners
- Law students